Coronavirus & BVCC
We are aware that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has become a worldwide concern and is on the top of everyone’s minds, especially since the recent announcement that indoor gatherings of over 100 people are to be cancelled. Our leadership team are continuing to monitor the situation closely and we are taking all of our direction from the HSE & government recommendations.
OUR PART: BVCC Action Plan
Currently, we are cancelling our on-site Sunday services until further notice, and will continue to monitor the situation regarding our services on an on-going basis.
But this is not the end! We are moving our services online, broadcast via YouTube every Sunday from 10:45am. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube profile to be notified when we are going to stream our services, and stay tuned to our social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram for updates and further information.
YOUR PART: Best practice for not spreading germs
Stay home if you are not feeling well.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue when coughing and/or sneezing.
Cough and/or sneeze into your forearm if you do not have a tissue or do not have time to get to it.
Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds at a time.
You can also use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
GOD’S PART: Some encouragement from Scripture.
- Psalm 91:5-7 – You won’t need to worry about dangers at night or arrows during the day. And you won’t fear diseases that strike in the dark or sudden disaster at noon. You will not be harmed, though thousands fall all around you.
- Psalm 91:10-11: – No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
- Luke 12:25-26 – Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
- Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- John 16:33 – I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Remember we are the church of Jesus Christ. The church has been assailed, assaulted, banned, oppressed and martyred over the past 2,000 years. Yet it continues stronger than ever before. We are His Church here in Ireland and we will prevail. So this Sunday let us gather in our homes and worship with one heart to the one true God of heaven and earth.
Romans 8:31,37-39 says “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”